Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Need to Design a Messenger Bag

For years chiropractors have told me to stop wearing a heavy handbag on my right shoulder.  I have scoliosis, and the extra weight isn't doing a thing for my back or my posture. Now that I have this weird pinched nerve in my back under my left shoulder blade I've tried to figure out what kind of purse I can use that won't make the problem worse.  Carrying something in my hand like a clutch is out because I can't stand to have one hand full when I'm trying to shop or eat or do things.  And the chance of me setting it on a counter or something so I can free up my hands a moment will most likely lead to me leaving it on a bus or a bench somewhere.

A fanny pack would work, only it doesn't hold much and points out my already huge waist. So I'm going to try making and using a messenger bag and see if that helps any. For right now I'm going to adjust the shoulder strap on my store bought denim purse to see if I can wear it as a chest strap like a messenger bag. The other option is some sort of backpack but getting it on and off my sore arm might be as bad as carrying my purse the old way.  We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: