Monday, November 09, 2009

Gotta Get a Move On

I need to start sewing again or I'm going to lose my mind. I suddenly fine myself with more to do than time to do it in! Ack! At the very least I have to make a lemur for a friend who's been very patient so far but I'm sure he's beginning to think I flaked out on him.
It's just that I'm having a wee issue with my sewing machine. Namely the tension isn't cooperating. The stitches are pulling out. I have to fiddle with it some more. Ultimately I may have to take it to a repair shop but usually I can solve my own problems. There seems to be a lot of slop in the tension wheel. I don't think that's normal. I was going to use my back up machine, but I think it's buried somewhere. I haven't needed it in four or five years and I'm just not sure where we put it when we moved. I wish I'd thought to finish the aprons before tomorrow, and then my daughter, who is going to visit from Central CA could have hand carried them back to Santa Maria for me. Now I'll have to mail them, which is both expensive and more impersonal. Oh well, unless I want to drop everything and sew all day straight that's not going to happen. I also have to work on my novel and I have a writer's meeting tonight. So many goals, so little organization.

No comments: