Thursday, November 13, 2014

Outfit 3: The Blue and the Black

So often I feel like I'm only photogenic from the shoulders up.

Long version of the skirt.

The best photo I could get of the front view & I took over 100.

My favorite silver heels


I love the Torrid leggings.
I tried so many ways to get this outfit to work. Skirt long, skirt short, skirt medium. Shirt tucked, shirt untucked. This shirt has been hanging in my closet ever since a friend gave it to me over a year ago. One of the points of this challenge is to step out of my comfort zone and try new things.

I love this shade of blue, but I've never done well with polyester/rayon type fabrics or blousons. This hit me wrong and accentuated all my worst features.

What I did love was the black leggings I bought from Torrid just before I started the challenge. They fit perfectly and at my size that is a miracle.

Wizard Necklace









I could alter the blouse, but I think I'll just wash it and donate it to Goodwill. It reminded me of a top I loved in high school, back in the days when I actually had a waist.

Black skirt and blue blouse: gifted
Wizard necklace: Something I picked up at a craft fair
Silver heels: Payless Shoesource
Leggings: Torrid

No comments: